You will work with a dynamic, multidisciplinary team utilising technologies such as React/React Native, Redux, both client-side and server-side solutions, encryption of sensitive data, data analytics and visualisation, as well as SaaS to create a service that is cross-platform from its inception. You will work closely with our project Team Lead, design teams, UX specialists, and product manager, adding yourtalent to a team focussed on developing software that is scalable, secure and reliable for our client’s world-wide operations.
We run lean and our teams work with a focus on agile methodologies; but more than the ability to fit in well with our processes, you will have a passion & drive to deliver extraordinary solutions to our clients.
- 5+ years experience in design and development of scalable production-quality backend systems on top of NodeJS, good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, and data modelling.
- BS in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Strong experience with modern Single Page Application frameworks and related technologies: AngularJS, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS, RxJS, GraphQL, ES6+.
- Strong CSS skills, experience working with CSS pre-compilers (SASS, LESS, etc.) and post-compilers (Webpack, CSS modules, PostCSS etc.).
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence etc.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and functional programming principles.
- Experience in building highly scalable architectures.
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and innovate.
Nice to haves
- Experience in building cloud-based solutions (AWS, IBM Cloud, Azure, Google AppEngine), Docker and load balancing.
- Websockets: sockjs, socket.io, or similar.
- Nginx configuration and administration, or similar.
- Testing: mocha, karma, mockery, node qunit, httpMock, or similar.
A forum of four internationally strong companies, of which two are long-standing Fortune 500, have commissioned us to build a platform which will significantly update their traditional way of offering products and services, as well as ease the management of ongoing support services.
Besides having the freedom to apply the technologies and practices of our choice, the most exciting part of this project is how widely the platform will reach globally.
The platform is a digital solution based on four-years of research and will solve internally painful processes which carry heavy administrative costs and require a global network of a hands-on manual workforce. The platform will use advanced automatisation and introduce new digital workspace for the four stakeholders, which are all catering to large enterprises and governmental organisations. In some cases the stakeholders are serving the same clients by complementing each other’s products and services; hence the joint cause.
The platform will serve as a backbone for intelligent product and service delivery whilst supporting high level of legal compliance for complex cross border documentation.
We were chosen as an external party in order to ensure equal interests of each stakeholder and have already a signed contract and have agreed on the scope, deliverables, as well as the preliminary timelines.
Our mission is to build a new Enterprise Service Platform using a combination of the best modern practices and fitting technology based on written specifications and a working prototype which was built last year.
Blue Orange is a Digital shop that produces highly tailored solutions. Putting together latest technologies and bright minds we have created simple yet entertaining consumer interfaces on top of complex systems.
We are problem-solvers so our projects are large in scale and come with market challenging requirements. In other words, we stay away from small and simple projects that just pay the bills. We don’t cut corners, we do it right and we do it well; something to be proud of.
We are a small but strong international team where everyone matters and is treated equally. The hard work is balanced with a friendly and pleasant environment where we have some fun along the way. We are in Barcelona because we love the weather, the food and the sea. In our opinion, it is the best city in Europe and therefore it was a simple choice to settle here.
Our company values are respect, transparency, commitment, responsibility, attention to detail and fun.
We offer a competitive salary that is in line with your experience.
A relocation package for the right candidate is available.
The role is based in central Barcelona.