About the Job
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented back-end developer with experience building highly scalable, high-availability APIs to provide stable, feature-rich bases for all our projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing a clean REST API for use by an Angular web application
- Helping to build and administer a highly reliable system running on AWS
- Maintaining existing system written in Java 8 using the Play framework
- Converting existing system to Kotlin
- Managing deep integration into several third-party APIs
- Implementing automated testing solutions
- Assisting in managing and improving a continuous integration system
- Providing time estimates and contributing to our product roadmaps
- At least 3 years experience working on back-end systems
- Have mastered at least one strongly-typed C-like language (Java, C#, C++, Go, etc)
- Experience designing and implementing REST API’s
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge building highly distributed systems
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies and push your own boundaries
- Largely self-managing and can work with minimal supervision
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Good at communicating ideas and collaborating in teams
Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
- Cloud systems such as AWS, Azure or Google App Engine
- Developing projects using Java and the Play Framework
- Working within Agile development process
- Distributed architectures
- Integrating third-party APIs
- Experience building mid/large-scale applications
- Knowledge about Event-driven programming
BLUE ORANGE is a digital shop producing tailored solutions for the online gambling (iGaming) industry. Putting together latest technologies and bright minds we create simple yet entertaining consumer interfaces on top of complex systems.
Our projects are large in scale and come with market challenging requirements. In other words, we stay away from small and simple projects that just pay the bills.
We are a small but strong international team where everyone matters and is treated equally. The hard work is balanced with a friendly and pleasant environment where we have some fun along the way.
We are in Barcelona because we love the weather, the food and the sea. Our company values are respect, transparency, commitment, responsibility, attention to detail and fun.